Converse x Brain Dead: Chuck 70 + Bosey
Loud prints meet disruptive design on a new collaboration with LA-based creative collective Brain Dead, featuring a deconstructed Chuck 70 and low top Bosey.
The Los Angeles based collective blends mashup animal prints with disruptive design on the new Chuck 70 and puts a subversive spin on a utility classic. On this iconic silhouette, they use their subversive style to deconstruct classic details—like the traditional foxing, which gets blown up, spliced and restacked in a unique mismatched pattern. From chaos comes a new and unexpected Chuck 70. Wear it in bold animal print or sleek black canvas.
This first-ever low top edition adds standout style with a bold mashup animal print and exaggerated tech details. A transparent mesh layer brings an under-the hood feel with visible lacing cables and the sneaker’s unique design emphasizes the signature rubber foxing and textured toe cap. It’s an unexpected design that keeps all the classic Bosey touches.
The details (Chuck 70):
- Limited-edition high-top sneaker
- Deconstructed foxing with bold mismatched pattern
- Canvas construction with mashup animal graphic or solid black
- Brain Dead and Chuck Taylor ankle patches
- Co-branded sock liner
- Split license plate
The details (Brain Dead Bosey):
- Low top utility sneaker with exaggerated tech details
- Canvas and monomesh upper
- Mashup animal graphic under transparent mesh
- Rubber foxing and textured toe cap
- Visible lace cables for an under-the-hood feel
- Foam collar lining
- Brain Dead repeat logo and Brain Dead tongue pulls
The Converse x Brain Dead will launch exclusively online at www.converse.co.za and Converse Sandton City from Thursday, 19 November 2020.
Price Range: R1 799.95 – R1 899.95