The Nite Jogger Silhouette Returns To Shine A Light On Night Time WIKI – NYC/CREATOR
For MC Wiki (aka Patrick Morales) the night is a time to reflect. Born and raised in New York City, he quickly realized that the best place to pursue his love of hip-hop is in the calm of the city – be it with his group Ratking or as a solo artist with his critically acclaimed debut album “No Mountains in Manhattan.”
- How does the night spark your creativity?
There’s a freedom in the night. There’s the daily tasks you have to do but at night you can let loose whether It’s going out or just walking around with no direction.
- How does your creative process differ from day and night? (How does the contrast between day and night impact you as a creator?)
In the day there’s more direction it’s more about getting things done where as at night u can create in a more chaotic way.
- Why do you think young creators thrive in night time contexts?
I think the night time provides a certain freedom from the day and pressures of the daytime. I think that’s important for young creators to have. And to utilize and get inspiration from.
- What are some things you do to stay in your zone?
Sometimes when u get distracted it’s good to just take a step back and listen to, watch or read something. But also just trying not to over think things is important. I don’t like to force things.
- In what ways has your city molded your creativity?
The city has definitely molded my creativity. You can hear it in my lyrics. I think the people and environment have influence me as a person. but also just seeing the New York giants in all realms that were here before me. It’s a great long legacy to look up to.
- What do you love about being in your city during late night hours?
The city is never fully asleep but at night it turns into little pockets of energy. But it is beautiful to see the blocks that are filled with thousands of people during the day, empty.
- Where do you find inspiration in the city?
Everywhere. But it really comes down to the characters you encounter. That to me is what inspires me. All the different types of people.
- What’s the best advice you’ve received as a creative person?
Just sticking to your guns and owning what you do. I’ve heard this testament from a lot of people I looked up to.